Larkya Peak Climbing
Larkya Peak Climbing in Manaslu region that provide breathtaking trekking and excellent peak climbing experience around the Mount Manaslu. Larkya Peak has two summits Sano Larkya Peak is 5807 meters and real summit Thulo Larkya 6249 meters provide superb view of the Mount Manaslu, Ganesh, Annapurna, Himlung Himal and beyond.
Larkya (Larke) Peak is one of rarely climbed peak in Nepal opened for climbers since 2,002. Nepal mountaineering association has graded Larkya Peak as “A” category climbing peak in Nepal. It is most satisfying peak to climb in conjunction with Manaslu circuit trek and serves the dominating view of Manaslu, Ganesh, Annapurna, Himlung Himal and beyond. Beside Mountain Views, Larkya Peak climbing offers unique combination of rich cultural heritages, unrivalled natural beauty and biological diversity.
There are two summits of Larke Peak i.e. Thulo Larke- the main summit and Sano Larkya- the false summit. Thulo Larke peak is challenging with encounters of higher level ice and glacier climb therefore needed middle base camp to be set up above base camp and Sano Larkya offers medium climbing effort and can be accomplished in one day. Base Camp is close to Larkya La pass (5,135m), one of challenging high pass in Nepal.
Visit Himalaya Treks have carefully designed the itinerary of Larkya Peak Climbing in Nepal to allow proper acclimatization and gradual ascend. March-May and September-December are the perfect seasons for Larkya Peak Climbing in Nepal. Despite of its relative easiness, a good physical fitness level and previous climbing experience is needed to achieving the summit comfortably and safely.
Larkya Peak Climbing itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu. (1338 meters)
Day 2: Sightseeing and Trek + Climbing trip Preparation.
Day 3: Drive to Sotikhola (530 meters) at tea house.
Day 4: Trek to Machha Khola. (930 meters) at tea house.
Day 5: Trek to Jagat. (1120 meters) at tea house.
Day 6: Trek to Deng. (1860 meters) at tea house.
Day 7: Trek to Namrung. (2630 meters) at tea house.
Day 8: Trek to Lho. (3180 meters) at tea house.
Day 9: Trek to Sama Gaon. (3525 meters) at tea house.
Day 10: Acclimatization day at Sama Gaon. (Side trip to Punggen Glacier, Punggyen gumpa, or Manaslu Base Camp at tea house.
Day 11: Trek to Samdo. (3860 meters) at tea house.
Day 12: Acclimatization day at Samdo. (Side trip to Tibet boarder or Samdu Ri Climb) at tea house.
Day 13: Trek to Dharmasala. (4460 meters) at Camp
Day 14: Trek to Larkya Peak Base Camp (5135 meters)
Day 15: Trek to Larkya Base Camp to Larkya peak high Camp (5650 meters)
Day 16: Summit Larkya Peak sano (5807 meters) and continue summit Larkya peak Thulo (6249 meters) and back to Base Camp.
Day 17: Reserved day for bad weather or extra acclimatization day.
Day 18: Cross Larkya La (5106 meters) and trek to Bhimthang. (3610 meters) at tea house.
Day 19: Trek to Dharapani. (1963 meters) at tea house.
Day 20: Drive to Kathmandu via Besisahar stay overnight at Hotel Kathmandu.
Day 21: Free day at Kathmandu.
Day 22: Departure.
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu. (1338 meters)
- Day 2: Sightseeing and Trek + Climbing trip Preparation.
- Day 3: Drive to Sotikhola (530 meters) at tea house.
- Day 4: Trek to Machha Khola. (930 meters) at tea house.
- Day 5: Trek to Jagat. (1120 meters) at tea house.
- Day 6: Trek to Deng. (1860 meters) at tea house.
- Day 7: Trek to Namrung. (2630 meters) at tea house.
- Day 8: Trek to Lho. (3180 meters) at tea house.
- Day 9: Trek to Sama Gaon. (3525 meters) at tea house.
- Day 10: Acclimatization day at Sama Gaon. (Side trip to Punggen Glacier, Punggyen gumpa, or Manaslu Base Camp at tea house.
- Day 11: Trek to Samdo. (3860 meters) at tea house.
- Day 12: Acclimatization day at Samdo. (Side trip to Tibet boarder or Samdu Ri Climb) at tea house.
- Day 13: Trek to Dharmasala. (4460 meters) at Camp
- Day 14: Trek to Larkya Peak Base Camp (5135 meters)
- Day 15: Trek to Larkya Base Camp to Larkya peak high Camp (5650 meters)
- Day 16: Summit Larkya Peak sano (5807 meters) and continue summit Larkya peak Thulo (6249 meters) and back to Base Camp.
- Day 17: Reserved day for bad weather or extra acclimatization day.
- Day 18: Cross Larkya La (5106 meters) and trek to Bhimthang. (3610 meters) at tea house.
- Day 19: Trek to Dharapani. (1963 meters) at tea house.
- Day 20: Drive to Kathmandu via Besisahar stay overnight at Hotel Kathmandu.
- Day 21: Free day at Kathmandu.
- Day 22: Departure.
- Arrival / Departure land transport. We will collect you from Kathmandu airport and provide departure transport.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu 3* stander categories with breakfast. (2 in sharing basis)
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with historical city guide and necessary land transport.
- Kathmandu – Arughat - Sotikhola –land transport by private jeep.
- Experience Climbing Guide, including his accommodation, food, salary.
- Porter to carry Client’s baggage’s (2 clients sharing 1 porter) including his accommodation, food, salary.
- Accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner including tea coffee while on trek.
- Camping arrangements during Larkya Peak Climbing Period.
- Climbing gears like rope, snowbar, ice crew etc.
- Manaslu restricted area entry permits, Manaslu Conservation entry permits, Annapurna Conservation entry permit & TIMS Card.
- Larkya Peak Climbing Permit.
- Larkya peak climbing sherpa’s summit Bonus.
- Dharapani – Besisahar – Kathmandu land transport by private Jeep.
- All necessary land transport, for staffs.
- Government taxes, service charges and Staffs insurances.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Lunch, dinner, tea coffee in Kathmandu.
- Entrance fee in sightseeing sports.
- Personal travel insurance (Compulsory) Personal climbing Gears (Please refer to gear list section for personal climbing gears details)
- Personal expenses like telephone, laundry, bar bills, personal tips for Guide, porter, drivers.
- Any other expenses mentioned then above.
Visit Himalaya Treks has always been keen about safety on the journey. We have prepared Trekking Equipment List which the trekkers will need during their trek in Nepal. The following list should help you with your packing. Generally, you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum. The weight of your trek bag while trekking should be no more than 15 KG. You must bring the following items:
Hiking boots, Trekking Socks
Waterproof (trousers / jacket)
Base layer shirts
Sunhat and Woolen hat
Sun protection (including total bloc for lips)
Head torch (spare bulb and batteries)
Water bottles 1 Litres
Antibacterial hand wash
Daypack (25-30 Liters)
Sleeping bag 4 or 5 season (up to – 20ºC)
Personal First Aid Kit
Small, personal first-aid kit. (Simple and light)
Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
1 skin-blister repair kit
Cough and/or cold medicine
Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant.
Water purification tablets or water filter
1 set of earplugs
Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies.
Climbing gear you should bring:
01: Ice Axe w/Leash (General mountaineering tool. Sizing is important: under 5’7" use a 60cm tool; 5’7"- 6’1" use a 65cm tool; over 6’1" use a 70cm tool. (Too short is preferable to too long).)
02: Crampons (With flat rather than “cookie cutter” frame rails)
03: 40 ft 6mm perlon (For Prussiks or bring your glacier rig.)
04: Alpine Climbing Harness (Harness should fit over all clothing; have gear loops, adjustable leg loops and be reasonably comfortable to hang suspended in.)
05: Carabiners (2 Large Pear or D-shaped locking. 2 standard ovals or D’s)
06: Climbing helmet (Must be adjustable to fit, with or without hat or balaclava on)
07: 1 Ascender (Recommended: left or right hand.)
08: Ski or trekking poles (Snow baskets required. Helpful for balance when carrying a heavy pack or if you have knee problems)
09: Double plastic climbing boots.
10: Gaiters (Please make sure your gaiters fit around the plastic boot without being to tight around the boot.)
Note: Walking pole, down jacket, sleeping bag, etc available on hire in Kathmandu or request we will provide it.
Dates and Price
|Start Date||End Date||Availability||Price||Booking|
|No Date Available Yet|
Note: Contact us if the departure dates doesn't suit you. We can also arrange you a personalized trek according to your convenience. For more details, Contact Us
Trip cost will vary depending on numbers of travelers, duration/days of trek, standard of hotel in Kathmandu before & after the trip. Please contact us to GET a Custom Quote.